Ends and Services
[BACK TO CONTENTS]
Board Ends (Outcomes):
Under the policy governance model, the Board of Directors for Riverwood Center, has developed “Ends.” which set the direction for the agency. These include:
- End 1: People with intellectual and developmental disabilities will live independent and rewarding lives, to the greatest extent possible.
- End 2: Adults with mental illness will live independent and rewarding lives, to the greatest extent possible.
- End 3: Opportunities will be created for Children with Serious Emotional Disturbances (SED) to enjoy a rewarding childhood, to the greatest extent possible.
- End 4: People with Substance Use Disorders will live rewarding lives, free of substance abuse, and maintain stable, productive, socially connected lives.
- End 5: The Community will be educated on the nature of mental illness and the means to intervene or prevent it.
Click to Visit: Services Offered
Evidence-based or Promising Practices approaches are the integration of the best available research with clinical expertise in the context of patient characteristics, culture, and preferences. The purpose is to promote effective psychological practices and to enhance public health by applying empirically supported principles to psychological assessment, case formulation, therapeutic relationships, and intervention. (American Psychological Association)
At Riverwood, our Demographics Data is derived from Behavioral Health Treatment Episode Data Set Documents (BH TEDs) created to monitor populations. We use this data quarterly to trend the use of services based on demographic groupings (Age, Race, Gender) to find any significant deviations from our norms. This data allows Treatment Professionals to better target treatment options to the populations we serve.
Did you know? ...in 2017 alone, we served 5,941 unique individuals! We love to stay busy helping each other to help others. Our services went to: