Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a listing in the YellowPages for Riverwood, and can I save it for future use?

We do, and yes; please click to visit the YellowPages online for our listing. You can save and interact with it from any data enabled device.

How do I refer someone to Riverwood Center?

We accept referrals from a variety of resources including schools, doctors and mental health professionals. If you're concerned about your family member or friend, you can call to ask about services. But anyone over 18 who serves as their own guardian will have to call or visit to request their own services. Parents of minors or legal guardians of children and adults can call to set up services for anyone under 18.

How do I access services at Riverwood Center?

Accessing services through the Riverwood Center is simple. The Access Center / Intake operates on a walk-in basis from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you arrive after 3:30 p.m. you may need to finish the process at a later date that is convenient for you. When you arrive, one of our friendly Access Specialists will ask you questions that will help us decide if you are eligible for services. They will ask you where you live, and to describe what is happening in your life that you feel services could help you. We will also ask you about your insurance and your income. For more information, visit Intake's Access Center page.

What if I'm in crisis?

If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call us immediately at (800) 336-0341 (24 hours a day) to figure out what help you need. If you need medical attention, call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest emergency department.

What is Recipient Rights?

When you receive services through Riverwood, you have rights. Your rights will be explained to you in a way you can understand both at the time you ask for services and during the Person-Centered Planning Process. You will also be given a booklet that explains your rights. If you have questions about your rights, ask someone to explain them to you or contact the Office of Recipient Rights at (269) 927-8629 or toll free (800) 748-3796, or complete the Contact Form.

Who is eligible for CMH services?

Eligibility for services is determined by evaluating your presenting problem, type of insurance and county where you live. The Access Center / Intake staff members are here to meet with you and help identify services you may be eligible for.

How much will it cost me and what types of insurance do you accept?

We accept Medicaid, Medicare and some other insurances. We also treat people who do not have insurance. Payment for services is based on your ability to pay, which is determined during your visit to our Access Center / Intake.

How do I know which providers are available for me to make my choice?

If you have a case manager, he/she will assist you in getting information about the number of providers available, who they are, where they are located, etc. For some services, the case manager may encourage you to meet one or more providers before making your choice.

What is Person-Centered Planning?

Person-Centered Planning is all about your hopes and dreams. You and the people who are important to you talk about your life: Where do you want to live? How do you want to spend your day? How do you express your spirituality? Where do you want to work, volunteer or go to school? Do you want supports (for example: guardianships, someone in charge of paying your bills, etc.) in areas of your life? 

What is Self-Determination?

Under a Self-Determination arrangement, you can hire your own workers and manage your services within a set budget.

Where are you located?

Riverwood Center has two convenient locations to serve you:

Benton Harbor: 1485 MI39, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Niles: 115 St. Joseph Ave., Niles, MI 49120

To request more information on our location or contact information, see our Contact page.

For Skype-enabled mobile device calls: SKYPELOGIN